About the author:
Nancy Marshall has been a resident of Phoenix, Arizona for 35 years and an active member of the community of social justice. Her work and writing have covered a span of social issues related to women’s sexuality and rights, as well as extensive involvement in the juvenile courts system. Nancy advocates through her writing and participation in the peace and justice community. She has been an active member of book groups through the years, as well as teaching all ages. Her passions include gardening, hiking, competitive squash and cookies. She is married, with two children, two very large dogs and a cat.
Arizona professional History:
- Executive Director, Arizona Civil Liberties Union, 1975-79;
- Editor of Sex and the Law, a legal compendium of laws on reproduction, family law and sex crimes for the Arizona Family Council 1985, 1995;
- Editor of Flex, a newsletter on teen prevention issues, for the Arizona Family Planning Council, 1989-1991;
- Experience as substitute teacher in several school districts; and
- Attorney in private practice in family law, and since 2004 as Guardian ad Litem for children in the Maricopa County Juvenile Court.
- Author, Rosie’s Gold, (2010) Available for purchase on either website, Rosiesgold.com or NancyHicksMarshallBooks.org.
About Nancy Personally:
- Raised in the East, lived in New York City, moved to Arizona in 1975.
- Has traveled to Europe, Africa, Mexico, South America.
- Loves to play squash, hike, walk the dogs, visit the mountains or ocean, keep an almost completely organic garden, feed the wild lovebirds.
- Studied French, some German, and functions well in Spanish
- Married (only once, member of the “moo” club), two adult children